Conferences & Workshops
Your League hosts a variety of affordable conferences and workshops throughout the year on the latest topics and trends from industry experts. Please check this page often for updates on scheduled events.
When: May 5, 2015
Where: League Office
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Regulatory compliance issues continue to create challenges for credit unions. This workshop will discuss hot compliance topics and offer an in-depth analysis of the most current, proposed and final rules. Learn from a practical perspective what your credit union needs to do to comply.
We will cover consumer lending, mortgage lending, BSA, CFPB proposed and final rules, NCUA rules and guidance, and many more topics.
- Truth-in-Savings Part 707
- Bank Secrecy Act
- E-Sign Act
- Annual Privacy Notices
- Regulation E
- Prepaid Financial Products
- Regulation CC
- Regulation Z
- Regulation B
- Regulation V
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act
- Fair Housing Act
- Servicemember Civil Relief Act
Mortgage Lending Hot Topics
- 2015 Threshold Amounts
- QM Points and Fees Cure Mechanism
- NCUA's Final Appraisal Rule
- NCUA's Proposed Flood Insurance Rule
- CFPB's Proposed Amendments to the
Mortgage Servicing Rules
- CFPB's Proposed Expanded Definition of Small Creditor
- CFPB's Proposed Changes to HMDA
- TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures
When: May 13, 2015
Where: League Office
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 1:00p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
BSA/Anti-Money Laundering Update for Compliance Officers
10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. EDT
- All employees are expected to be involved in the development and maintenance of your BSA/AML Program.
- Your designated BSA Compliance Officer must be a qualified individual that is expected to coordinate and monitor day-to-day BSA/AML compliance. This person is expected to manage all aspects of the BSA/AML program and implement the regulations.
- NCUA and State Examiners are expecting more and more from financial institutions in regards to their BSA/AML program. The "level of reasonableness" is changing and the bar is continuing to rise.
This interactive session will bring you up to date with the latest BSA changes (revised FFIEC Manual 12-2014), review examiner focus, and explain the importance of department specific training going forward.
Who Should Attend?
This session is designed for CEOs, Compliance Specialists, Managers and BSA Officers.
BSA for Frontline Employees
1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. EDT
This training is perfect for frontline employees, new accounts personnel, lenders & back office employees. The information presented will train employees on specific information of the Bank Secrecy Act which directly affects their position/title. In order to be in compliance with this regulation, you must give training to your entire staff annually. This BSA training opportunity will meet your training compliance requirement.
Information covered in this session will include:
- BSA History/Timeline of Events
- Penalties for Non-compliance
- Requirements of the BSA Program
- Currency Transaction Reports (CTR)
- Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR)
- Filing Timelines & Record Retention
- Monetary Instruments
- USA Patriot Act
- Customer Identification Program Requirements
- Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)
A post exam will be given to participants, graded and sent to your CU to be kept on file for compliance and proof of training.
Who Should Attend?
This session is designed for frontline employees, new accounts personnel, lenders and back office employees.
Debbie Painter, began her career with credit unions in 1979 at Fort Knox FCU. Almost twenty years later, she joined the Kentucky Credit Union League staff and serves as EVP/Director of Governmental Affairs and Public Relations. She currently serves on AACUL's Political Involvement and Grassroots Committee. Debbie received a B.S. Degree from Sullivan University in Business Management and is a graduate of the Credit Union Management Institute (CUMI) and CUNA Management School (Madison, WI). Debbie is a certified BSA Compliance Specialist.
Laura Parrish, joined the staff of the Kentucky Credit Union League in 2008. As the Education Director, Laura organizes arrangements for League meetings and conventions, and performs training workshops for League education sessions. Prior to joining the League, Laura gained 12 years of credit union experience at L&N Federal Credit Union.
Laura served on the Louisville Chapter of Credit Unions from 2005 to 2008, holding the title of Chapter Vice President. She received her Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Training and Development from the University of Louisville in 2002. Laura is a Certified BSA Compliance Specialist.
Cost includes program materials.
Dress code is business casual. Please bring a sweater or jacket as personal comfort levels vary.
Overnight accommodations are available. To make a room reservation, please contact the Holiday Inn Louisville Airport at (800) HOLIDAY and mention group code Kentucky Credit Union League or IEKCU.
Credit unions under $2 million in assets attend FREE.
When: May 21, 2015
Where: Kentucky Credit Union League
Time: 6:00 p.m.
If you are planning to purchase a home in the near future, don't miss out on this valuable information as part of your financial preparation!
This seminar will review important steps to homeownership, such as:
- Reviewing your financial position
- Finding the right home
- Getting preapproved
- Making the offer
Space is limited! REGISTER TODAY!