Conferences & Workshops
Your League hosts a variety of affordable conferences and workshops throughout the year on the latest topics and trends from industry experts. Please check this page often for updates on scheduled events.
When: May 21, 2015
Where: Kentucky Credit Union League
Time: 6:00 p.m.
If you are planning to purchase a home in the near future, don't miss out on this valuable information as part of your financial preparation!
This seminar will review important steps to homeownership, such as:
- Reviewing your financial position
- Finding the right home
- Getting preapproved
- Making the offer
Space is limited! REGISTER TODAY!
Choose Your Day: August 25 or 26
Registration 8:00 a.m.
Course 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Kentucky Credit Union League
3615 Newburg Road
Louisville, KY 40218
Rules issued by the CFPB pursuant to Dodd-Frank amended Regulation Z and now require that a loan originator must receive periodic training. This training must cover Federal and State law requirements that relate to the individual loan originator’s origination activities. What training will meet the standards to satisfy the rule?
The rule is not specific about how much or what type of training is enough, but the rule provides a safe harbor. The rule indicates that one way to obtain a safe harbor is for the MLO to receive training approved by the NMLS for continuing education.
8 Hour SAFE Comprehensive 2015 MLO Course # 5208 (NMLS #1405021)
This course covers the following:
- Federal Law and Regulations
- Truth in Lending Act / Regulation Z
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act / Regulation X
- Fair Credit Reporting Act / Regulation V
- Ethics, Consumer Protection and Fair Lending
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act / Regulation B
- Fair Housing Act
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act / Regulation C
- Servicemember Civil Relief Act
- Non-Traditional Mortgage Products
- Adjustable Rate Mortgages
- Higher Priced Mortgage Loans
- High-Cost Mortgages
- Undefined Mortgage Instruction
- Appraisal Requirements
- Flood Insurance
- Private Mortgage Insurance
This course was designed to meet the continuing education requirements of the SAFE Act inclusive of (3) hours federal laws & regulations, (3) hours ethics, consumer protection & fair lending and (2) hours lending standards for the non-traditional mortgage product marketplace.
The course is instructed by Michael Christians from PolicyWorks.